Event Log Monitoring, Management and Archiving Made Easy
– no need to be an event guru!
Event logs are a valuable tool to monitor network security and performance that are often underutilized due to their complexity and volume. NASA, as supplied by COOLCAT, utilizes GFI EventsManager for its ease of use, so should you.
The enormous volume of system events generated daily is of growing importance to organizations whose business is required to record information for forensic purposes and the ever-growing reach of regulatory compliance. Increased threats to business continuity call for an approach that includes real-time monitoring of the network; and you also need the ability to analyze and report event data to address any incidents or security concerns.
This is an overwhelming task. However, GFI EventsManager helps you meet legal and regulatory compliance including SOX, PCI DSS and HIPAA. This award-winning software automatically processes and archives logs, collecting the information you need to know about the most important events occurring in your network. It supports a wide range of event types such as W3C, Windows events, Syslog and in the latest version, SNMP traps generated by devices such as firewalls, routers and sensors as well as by custom devices.
Providing support for devices from the top 20 manufacturers as well as for custom devices, GFI EventsManager monitors an extended range of hardware products, reports on the health and operational status of each one.
Proper log management helps you to meet several objectives including:
Network-wide security event analysis
GFI EventsManager collects data from all devices that use Windows event logs, W3C, and Syslog and applies the best rules and filtering in the industry to identify key data. This allows you to track when staff swipe their fob, pick up the phone to call home, turn on their PC, what they do on their PC and which files they access during their work day. GFI EventsManager also provides you with real-time alerting when critical events arise and suggests remedial action.
Why use GFI EventsManager?
- Centralizes Syslog, W3C, Windows events, SQL Server audits and SNMP Traps generated by firewalls, servers, routers, SQL Server systems, switches, phone systems, PCs and more
- Increase network uptime and identify problems through real-time alerts and dashboard
- Get fast and cost-effective monitoring and management of the entire network
- We offer unrivalled event scanning performance scalable to over 6 million events per hour
- We are certified for Windows Server 2008; Supports Windows Vista